Sunday, January 8, 2012

Blog #3 Mom and Me


My relationship with my mom is different from anyone else's... at least I'd like to think so. My mom is not only my best friend, but she's my hero. It's always been difficult for me to admit or explain my feelings about my mom, but in a brief statement, she's done everything for me and I couldn't be more thankful. She's always been hardworking and sometimes when I used to have to go with my babysitter while she worked in New York, I would feel lonely, but every night when she got home we would talk for hours until finally I had to be forced into sleep.
Mother and daughter relationships are sometimes portrayed as a game of "yes and no," where the daughter fights for more texting minutes, and the mother says no. For my mom and I it's never been that sort of game, in fact it's always been the opposite. As with every family, agreement isn't always in our favor, but we've always made some sort of compromise.
She has always been the mother with the easy-going personality, and I've always been the stubborn one with all the opinions. I tell her absolutely everything even when I try my hardest to hold my feelings back. There have been days when I’ve gotten picked up from school, turned on the music, curled up in a ball and cried, but every time I do that she stands by waiting for my dramatic weep-a-thon to end so she can ask what's going on. After my long Dr. Phil session with her she just holds me there because she knows that in my case, silence is the best medicine.
I love my mom, and I hope she knows that. She's my whole world, but she doesn't know I'm writing so poetically about her, so before she finds out I'm going to explain the pictures.
I put a picture of her and I from a long time ago next to a picture more recent, because I wanted to show proof of how close we've always been.

I LOVE YOU MOM.

1 comment:

  1. Your mommy is the cutest and I love you guys so much! Your relationship is easily unique no worries:p Keep that with you forever and don't ever lose touch with her no matter if you're half way across the world (PARIS!)

    ReplyDelete